Theo Antoniou Partner
Tel. +357 22 516838
Theo born in Cyprus and he is admitted in the Nicosia and Cyprus Bar Association. He is also a member of European Fintech Legal Network. Theo is one of the founding partners of CTA Law Firm and he is heading the UK desk of the firm.
Previously, Theo was working with one of the biggest law firms in Cyprus, dealing mainly with corporate law and financial services. He has excellent communication skills and his ability to solve complicated legal matters was conspicuous. Thus, he was selected to represent this law firm in London and appointed as a director of the London office. He participated to many forums and conferences having the opportunity to meet important persons and create connections.
Theo is an experienced Lawyer with a demonstrated history of working in the legal services industry. He specializes on Corporate, Financial Services and Real Estate Investments.
- Corporate and Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association
- Member of the Nicosia Bar Association
- He has experience on business immigration and he assists various foreign interests corporations to relocate and establish their headquarters in Cyprus.
- Involved in negotiations of acquisitions of hotel and casinos in London.
- He has experience on provision of legal advice to HNWI for acquisitions of real estate projects in Cyprus.
- He also has experience on advising on the structuring, licensing and ongoing regulatory compliance of Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) (with emphasis on AIFs targeting sophisticated investors on a private placement scheme) and Alternative Investment Fund Managers (AIFMs)
- Theo is working closely with Hi- Tech startups through a complete company lifecycle, including incorporation team development, hiring employees, exit strategy or IPO. He takes part in the companies’ board meetings and shareholders assemblies, advising corporate governance, interested party transactions and other regulatory affairs.
- Participated on the restructuring of a non-profitable International Organisation in Cyprus.
- He is advising to private investors (angels), VCs and family offices regarding their investments. Theo handles a valuable portfolio of international private and corporate clients in Cyprus and London.
- Provided commercial advice to multimedia companies, music, and filming producers, drafting licensing, advertising, production, recording, director and producer agreements.