Shipping and Maritime
Our highly qualified and experience specialist team having a long experience and in-depth knowledge on both Shipping and Maritime Law, advising banks, owners, managers, charterers, cargo-owners and their respective insurers domestically and internationally.
The shipping sector in Cyprus has grown rapidly in the last several decades and today it is one of the top jurisdictions for shipping companies. Cyprus is ranked 11th in terms of global fleet size and has its own dedicated deputy minister of shipping, developing business operations further.
- Registration of shipping companies
- Registration of ships in the registry of Cyprus ships: provisional, permanent parallel
- Crew documents and employment contracts
- Tonnage tax system guidance and application, registration under the system for ship owners, charters and ship managers
- Registration of yachts: pleasure, commercial
- Sale & purchase: drafting of agreements and ancillary documents/effecting transfer of ownership
- Chartering/Lease agreements
- Financing/Mortgages/Guarantees: drafting of agreements, registration and enforcement